Re: [OM] The toilet mug has returned!

Subject: Re: [OM] The toilet mug has returned!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 13:57:33 -0800
On 2/2/2017 10:51 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
Only in America could a container holding 14 oz. be considered a coffee mug.
This is possible because coffee as consumed in America (a few enclaves
excepted) is not coffee. If you fill this thing with real coffee and drink it,
you will be twitching all day.

As someone outside the coffee drinking cultures of the world*, I can't see how your preferences are in any sense superior to those of others. It's all just a matter of taste, not some sort of verifiable fact.

Carol thinks I make a great soy latte. She likes them, praises them; you almost certainly wouldn't, and that in no way invalidates her experience. Me? I've never bothered to taste one, even though I make one a day while she is incapacitated. The foamer just died, and I had to quick like a bunny buy a new one.

Reluctant Barista Moose

* I was a coffee drinker for many years, then just lost interest.