Re: [OM] OT: Comodo Firewall

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Comodo Firewall
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 16:15:03 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
    I may need to do something even more drastic than that.  I no sooner got
this bidirectional firewall problem under control than Earthlink webmail went
off the air.  When it returned, the older version that I had been using since
day one was gone, and now I'm forced to use the new version that I had been
avoiding as it contains an enormous amount of graphics which greatly slows
things down.  A different computer and/or OS is NOT going to solve this sort of
thing even to the slightest degree, and I am not going to get DSL just to
accommodate the unproductive data overage.

     I have to spend too much time keeping up with all the changes that are
taking place at an ever-increasing frequency.  I may find myself deciding
whether or not to have internet access except by way of a wifi connection and a
free webmail account.

     Anyhow, I downloaded and installed an older version of Outpost Firewall
that is compatible with everything from Windows 3.1 to Windows 10.  That degree
of verboseness gets my attention right away.  The user interface is easy to
comprehend, but it will be a bit aggravating until I get the various detections
sorted out as either friend or foe.  Quite simply, it appears to be doing just
what I had wanted from the start.

>Why don’t you just get a Mac?

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson