[OM] IMGs: New Cycling Route

Subject: [OM] IMGs: New Cycling Route
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 08:42:16 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson     Every so often, I like to explore new areas in
the nearby communities for interesting cycling routes.  The route I've been
using most often goes as far south as an upper middle class neighbourhood that
consists of large homes with horse privileges:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/32571233742/in/dateposted-public/

     My newest route goes through this area, then off into Chandler to a
footbridge that passes over a freeway:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/31910903153/in/dateposted-public/

     It's an intersting structure that I've been interested for some time.  The
deck is uncommonly curved instead of the usual straight design:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/31910908713/in/dateposted-public/

     At the far end there is a large public park, which is more of a catchment
basin for storm runoff from the freeway.  It doesn't have much in the way of
sports facilities, but it does have a ramada and graveled patch for
radio-controlled model aircraft:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/32725293895/in/dateposted-public/

     The model aircraft present this day are all electric-powered, which for me
is somewhat new:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/32572173302/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/32345553060/in/dateposted-public/

     The public parks in Chandler are not as accommodating as those in Tempe as
they lack wheelchair access and water fountains.  Some details went unnoticed
while I was exploring this route to keep away from busy streets, and one detail
in particular was this interesting pathway entrance, concealed due to the lack
of a depression in the sidewalk to allow for wheelchairs and bicycles:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/31911921123/in/dateposted-public/

     A short distance later there is a small pasturage surrounded by a board
fence, inside which there is a number of Alpacas:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/32572241582/in/dateposted-public/

or at least I think they're alpacas.  Thanks to Ogden Nash I know the
difference between a lama and a llama, but not a llama and an alpaca.

     And then there's this unfortunate Mesquite tree that was confused in early
life with the concept of "up":

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/31911923813/in/dateposted-public/

     This path goes on for some distance, eventually leading to a neighbourhood
of stucco-on-frame homes on very small lots, typical of current trends in home
construction.  In the midst of this there is another upper middle class
neighbourhood with large homes packed closely together against a pond with a
fountain and blue water:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/32572244702/in/dateposted-public/

     There are numerous "Don't Feed the Ducks" signs everywhere, evidence that
the bourgeois residents wish for the proletariat waterfowl to go elsewhere.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson