Re: [OM] WinXP vs. Win7

Subject: Re: [OM] WinXP vs. Win7
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 11:19:27 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     It was more than a year before I found the root problem in that Win7 hard
drive, and it took the Avast antivirus to solve it.  The idiot who installed it
somehow managed to lock out the safe mode, but Avast does a boot time scan out
of normal mode and it repaired the problem.

     Everything about it has been working fine until late last week when
Earthlink pulled the plug on their earlier webmail page.  So I was trying to
get comfortable with Win7 to accomodate that.  Then eBay made a radical change
overnight, then the Win7 hard drive failed.

     And it appears that eBay is making more changes since earlier this
morning.  Now I can't even look at an item here at home, let alone do any
searches or purchaces.  Both my Watch List and Purchase History now come up
blank.  They cut off WinXP access to the message system and feedback forum more
than a year ago, and now they have cut off everything.

>Nothing is as expensive as a free laptop.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson