Re: [OM] WinXP vs. Win7

Subject: Re: [OM] WinXP vs. Win7
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 12:13:21 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     For the simple reason that I can afford it.  Even going to DSL would
double my cost for internet access.

     Early last year I bought a high-gain antenna for wifi frequencies, and I
hae a wifi dongle that has a short antenna that attaches with an SMA connector,
same as on the high gain antenna.  The idea was to aim the antenna towards the
neaby street intersection where there are a few wifi hubs.  I'm going to dig
that out and give it a try later.  If it works, I'll strongly consider
abandoning the dialup but keep the Earthlink account as a backup plus retain
the email.

   Yeah, I'm a cheap SOB.