Re: [OM] Of life, photography and transitions

Subject: Re: [OM] Of life, photography and transitions
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 11:35:02 -0600
> I did that once, but wasn't happy with the outcome, so came back to more of
> the same.  But, they missed me while I was gone, so I got some opportunities
> for promotion that might not have developed if I had not made  the move.
> Think it through, and go with your gut!

I did that four years ago--changing companies. Got the promotion, but
came back to the original company. It was a great move and quite
necessary. I may still stay in the telecom industry, but maybe do a
little switcheroo to something else--like cyber security or something
like that. It's a big industry with many facets, so instead of
starting out at ground zero, I can leverage my experience and
knowledge base into something related, but still new. The company I
work for is very large, so moves elsewhere are possible within the
company. I'm not going to dismiss anything right now.

But I really don't know. The thing with that is that it limits my
opportunities if I limit the scope of what changes I'm willing to
make. If an opportunity came up to fly bomber drones for Amazon, I'd
probably entertain it.

AG