Re: [OM] Of life, photography and transitions

Subject: Re: [OM] Of life, photography and transitions
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 12:37:01 -0500
Hey, good luck with that, AG. That's how Esteemed Wife and I got to Maine.
For a lot of reasons, my health and my autistic son's well being, we
decided to make the move to Maine. Best thing we ever did. When God made me
a Southerner he was just kidding. I'm where I need to be. So is Joan, and
so are the kids.

That said, it's snowing outside, and it's cold and my back hurts.

But I still wouldn't trade it for anything. We're both retired now, living
on ye olde fixed income, and having a good time. When we moved up here we
both took big pay hits, me permanently, Joan for a little while. But the
quality of our lives, and Ben's life, can't be assessed in monetary terms.

Asheville, NC, comes highly recommended. It was a dirty little shit minor
city when I lived in NC, but it's come up in the world and now is a center
for art and culture. When people who've been there tell me about it, I'm
sure they're not talking about the Asheville I knew growing up. Still . . .
you've got seasons, you've got springs that just don't quit, and you can
make them last forever by starting down in South Carolina's thermal belt
(base of the Blue Ridge) and working your way up to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Spring can start in mid-March and last through July.

Good luck!

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal