Re: [OM] Of life, photography and transitions

Subject: Re: [OM] Of life, photography and transitions
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 10:01:04 -0500
You have my heartfelt sympathy.
You also manage to maintain a far clearer vision than I ever did,
especially in regards to the future. Keep looking forward!

One of my bad examples (There are many):

 1956 - While going to school on the GI Bill,  I was a paid *IU* employee
of what
was to soon to be Indiana's PBS station - Graphic artist and photog -
(I shot 16mm kine for news and illustrated the kids story hour) - when
I left to seek my fortune (HA!) in newspapers.

 After all, who watches TV? (sigh) 🤔

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 10:27 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you, Rick.
>
> It was actually a pretty close call a couple weeks ago. Our company
> shed about 100 engineers and restructured the entire engineering shop.
> My entire department was eliminated as we consolidated in with a
> lesser department. I'm still a senior engineer, but my position is no
> longer in alignment with my industry peers. HR rules is going to kick
> in and they're going to say that we're $20k over for our positions.
> I'm back to doing what I did when I was hired in 2000.
>
> I did shed 100% of my stock in the company. This merger, coming up, is
> somewhere between suicidal and "what planet are they on?"
>
> So, for career progression and protection, I really have no choice but
> to be looking elsewhere. Meanwhile, in the next two weeks, I have to
> take a test for an important certification and will also have to do
> MEF-CECP too. Fortunately, this company is providing for these and is
> a requirement for my position. The nice thing is that these
> certifications are "portable" and marketable.
>
> AG
> --

As much as I hate to "crow", I'm delighted to tell you that my 5-star
reviewed hardcover book for kids, ages 4-to-8,
*The Little Crow Who Could Not CAW
<http://www.amazon.com/Little-Crow-Who-Could-Not-ebook/dp/B01B2028SS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455042958&sr=8-1&keywords=rick+beckrich>,*
is
finally available as an interactive Kindle e-book from Amazon.com.

    (P.S. - The Kindle reader is a free app from Amazon that works on PC,
laptops, and most hand-held devices.)