Re: [OM] WinXP vs. Win7

Subject: Re: [OM] WinXP vs. Win7
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 20:25:20 -0800
On 2/11/2017 5:32 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
I thought that you had to have a valid copy of XP to run it in the Virtual
environment?

The virtual package I downloaded came with XP included, and installed by default. I didn't have to scrounge around for a CD/key.

Anyway I have an XP home disk w/key that you can have and a full iso of
Win7prox64 but no key. I'm still running it. :)

Is this what you are talking about Moose?

I imagine so. I simply don't remember the details. I searched, downloaded the install package, installed and started using it. Dead simple.

They do seem to have relaxed the requirements, as none of the Home versions qualified at that time. I remember that, because when I built this physical machine, I had to buy 7Pro for that reason. Maybe they opened it up a bit to make the Surface Pro more attractive? Maybe one has to have/buy a copy of XP for the home versions? For other versions? I don't know any of those details that have obviously changed since my install.

I haven't used it in weeks. Just started it up and there was my last session, just as I left it, apps open, Explorer windows open. Unless one chooses to restart it, when closed, it hibernates. That part is darn slick!

Change Beset Moose