Re: [OM] OT: Revisint Linux

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Revisint Linux
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 05:54:55 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I went down to the local Fry's Electronics last week considering to do
just that.  The laptops I could talk myself into affording I didn't like, and
the ones I liked I couldn't afford.

     The trouble I had last night wasn't evilBay specifically, but instead was
Paypal.  hey added another layer in their connection which has more volume than
the previous one.  The previous one would often time out on dialup due to the
speed, and this new one times out all the time.  Fortunately, it works on the
coffee shop wifi, so the immediate need to get the Linux Mint working has
diminished.

     The Dell Inspiron 6000 that I use is pretty rugged, and changing the HD is
a very simple process.  It was given to me after my $800 HP Pavilion laptop
died after just three years of use.  I know that it works with four versions of
Linux, I just have to fix the Mint 14 system problems.  BTW: I had loaded most
of my design and publishing software in it earlier and they all seemed to work
fine, I just couldn't solve the network environment problem(s) back then, but
came across a possible solution yesterday evening.

     This Compaq Presario V2000 I'm using now cost me $25 at a garage sale,
complete with a wireless mouse.  Two garage sales later I found a carrying case
for just $5.