[OM] Valentine's Day Like?

Subject: [OM] Valentine's Day Like?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 22:03:46 -0800
Those who follow my meanderings through the thicket of photo gear, and still have good memories, may recall how I fell in love with a camera bag back 19 months ago. Six months in, I wrote here "Moosie, oddly enough, after putting hours and miles on it, from NYC streets and subways to Maine woods, still likes his Lowepro whateveritis. OK, looked it up - Passport Sling III."

But things change, in this case, the PLeica 100-400 lens. I love that lens more than I will ever love a camera bag. And there is just no way the Passport Sling can carry both cameras, with lenses mounted, ready to grab and shoot.

So I've been making do with two smaller bags, of wildly different shapes, for the two cameras - very frustrating. Then, as I was trying to gird myself for a new search, a B&H daily deal came along. I looked at all the pics, did a bunch of measuring and imagining, and bought.

The Big Brown Truck came Valentine's Day, bearing a Tenba Discovery Mini Photo/Laptop Messenger (Sage/Khaki). <https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/828412-REG/Tenba_637_342_Discovery_Mini_Photo_Laptop_Messenger.html>

And my measurements were right! It's just barely deep enough to fit E-M5 II with 100-400 mounted, nose down. The other body with 12-100 mounted fits easily on the other end of the main space - with a large space between them for other gear in addition to the usual various places to but filters, bits and bobs in a zippered pouch under the front flap.

The two particularly clever things are a zippered opening in the front top that actually allows withdrawing and returning a camera/lens without flipping the flap open and a strap at the top of the back that allows attachment to the handle of a suitcase. Unlike many bags with snap-buckle closures, the bottom parts sit up and snug against the body, not dangling down in the way all the time. And there's Velcro fastening, so I will likely never have to use the buckles in the field, anyway. Handle on the top, so necessary, so often not there.

Can't say I love the color, "light innocuous" or the "look", but then perhaps it doesn't say "I'm full of expensive camera gear." much above a whisper. :-)

My new portable computer fits nicely inside the appointed, padded slot, should I want to carry it there. It's larger than I would wish, but that may be a result of my choice of the gear it needs to carry. ;-) It's not rigid, and has nice padding on the back.

At the $40 sale price, vs. the $110 at the above link, I am so far in small 'l'
like.

It's such a relief to get the whole 'serious' kit in one go bag.

Baggy Moose