Re: [OM] Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 18:13:41 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Oly does list the latest firmware as supporting "5 axis sync IS" with E-m5II. I
don't know how many stops are claimed but 6 stops on e-M1 and 6.5 stops on E-m1
Mk11.  I handled the 12-100 on the E-M1 Mk11  and the IS is amazing. How much
improvement on the E-M5II I don't know and have not seen much data.  Oly has
written that no sync IS possible with Panny lenses and thus no reciprocal
benefit with Oly lenses on Panny bodies.  The UV cutoffs are different as well
with resultant fringing seen with Panny lenses on Oly bodies in some
circumstances.  One could hope for  more integration, but I suppose it isn't
bad as is.

More than dabbling soon, Mike