Re: [OM] Pentax ME Super

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentax ME Super
From: David Bell <david.w.bell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 10:35:41 +0000
The camera shipped from Pentax with Alkalines and the manual does specify alkaline batteries with silver oxide as an alternative.

Dave

On 19/02/2017 21:17, Moose wrote:
On 2/19/2017 12:58 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
      Actually, no.  The local grocery and drug stores don't have
them nor any substitutes, so tomorrow I'll venture to the consumer
electronics store to see if they have them.  If not, I can get ten at
a time from China for just $1.

Repeating . .  echo . . . echo

Alkaline batteries are a poor choice for OMs. They cause apparently
random problems that have driven members of this list near madness. As
this camera is battery dependent for shutter operation, and of the
same vintage, it's a bit nuts not to at least start with batteries
known to work properly.

I too buy the super cheap Alkalines, for other purposes.

Ag Ox Moose