Re: [OM] Paphiopedilum Orchid Stack

Subject: Re: [OM] Paphiopedilum Orchid Stack
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 20:50:54 -0800
This is our most reliable bloomer.  It appears to be a hybrid crossed with a
known true species, so rather a hybrid squared. Two years ago it had 3 blooms
and won a blue ribbon at a local
show (small).  Don't ask too many questions as to how the others are doing.

http://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2017/i-jKsNNFh/A

Wonderful at screen size!

Six image 16 bit Tiff stack with Zerene stacker.  Side lit from a
window--likely would have stopped down one more stop as one area in the white
area had no sharp image to stack and the background was so uniform anyway.

As you say, at 100%, there are several places where either inadequate slice spacing or stacking anomalies compromise clarity.

With the E-M5 II, I would use no fewer than 12 slices, certainly more if working on a tripod. But then, that's no more work than six. :-)

Slice It Moose