Re: [OM] Pentax ME Super

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentax ME Super
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:08:18 -0000
Not to dispute - in the least - what you say about OM batteries, Moose, but
Chris T is concerned about another brand of camera (didn't know there was
such a thing!).

>From long ago I recall that Spotmatic metering circuits were "different",
and courtesy of pentaxforums I note:

"The Spotmatic's bridge circuit shows correct exposure when the same current
flows in each side of the circuit. The meter shows the difference in voltage
between the two middle points of the bridge and at correct exposure no
current flows through the meter so the needle rests at its centre point. X -
Y = 0 when X = Y. The actual value of X and Y is irrelevant.  So this
circuit will work well with mercury, alkaline and silver cells. You could
even wire up a couple of potatoes with iron and copper nails as conductors
if you wanted to!" Let's assume the ME is the same!

Regrettably, the post does not discuss the relative merits of Yukon Gold and
Idaho Russet in this application.

Piers