Re: [OM] OH NO! More Alt dot Moose - Again

Subject: Re: [OM] OH NO! More Alt dot Moose - Again
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 20:31:47 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
AVM writes:
<<<In a short thread of long, esoteric posts, Mike speculated on how to mount
MF WA lenses on mirrorless so that they can focus from very close up to
infinity.

<<<This solution presented itself.
<https://www.cambo.com/en/actus-mini/cambo-actus-mini-view-camera/>

<<<And, Mike, you won't need the T-S adapter. :-)
<https://captureintegration.com/first-look-cambo-actus/>

<<<Other than that, I'd vote for the Oly Bellows mods for cost.
<https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1131857-REG/cambo_99010700_actus_b_view_camera_body.html>

Thanks Alternate View,

Forgot about that  gizmo--Jeff Keller had posted a link quite awhile back, but
I don't think the mini version existed then. I am not 100% sure but it seems
the mini version with rear standard for WA lenses won't  allow the cam to
rotate, so have to turn the gizmo on its side for portrait orientation and them
tilts become swings.  The Mirex tilt-shift adapter allows rotation at about 20
deg intervals IIRC--a marvel of engineering really--but will not allow for
macro landscapes. I have stacked some images after tilting on the Mirex to
alter and extend the focal plane.  I am now  less sure about the absolute
necessity for tilts for landscapes when it is so easy to stack.  I suppose if
it is windy, one exposure is easier, but even then there are PP solutions.  Not
that I don't like the tilting capability and have fun fussing with it.  I also
have a t-s bellows with t mount rigged for OM but it is quite dramatically
fiddly even for me.  I read one post about the  Cambo mini being charact
 erized as such.  Suspect the Mamiya T-S bellows is just less fussy--rear
standard doesn't have movement like my T-S bellows but that is not something I
use very much nor perhaps remember how to use well.

Tilted, esoteric?  Mike