[OM] IMGS: Ice Festival

Subject: [OM] IMGS: Ice Festival
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 19:04:31 -0500
PESO:

I will probably spend all day tomorrow working on my photos of the ice
festival in Mongolia.  I took so many!

Our guide Muuggi in Mongolia saw on Facebook that a local community was
having an ice festival on a frozen lake. We drove all over the lake and
finally found them! The community was celebrating the fact that the lake,
which had been completely drained by a mining company, was now coming back
to life (after the mining company was sued by the community). They had many
games and everybody was so happy, even though the temperature was 40
degrees below zero!!  We spent 3 hours out there.  The SL battery lasted
for two hours and then I had to put in the car to warm up for awhile. The
M240 never quit.

Here are the first couple from the M240:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/165024647  and next.

I love all of the happy faces.

Comments greatly appreciated.  More coming.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com
tina-manley.artistwebsites.com