[OM] The Tin Triangle

Subject: [OM] The Tin Triangle
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 14:08:10 +0000 (UTC)
I went on a MX5 run on Sunday to the Gloucestershire Jet Age Museum. One of the
exhibits was the "front end" of a Vulcan Bomber also known as the Tin Triangle.
Hmmmm !! Respect for all who flew in them. As Chris B has said before
visibility can be likened to  looking through a keyhole. My not too nimble
frame had great difficulty getting into a front seat and then the centre
console was pulled into place. I do not know how they could have ejected
without leaving skin and possibly parts of their anatomy behind!!!The
Navigator, bombardier  and engineer had marginally more room, but sliding out
of the escape hatch was a risky business at best. Did any crews successfully
"escape"
Survival did not seem to uppermost in the designers mind. I can now see where
Chris was coming from when he said he was glad they are all grounded.  A VERY
interesting visit. Regards John Duggan, Wales, UK