Re: [OM] OT: High Tech Life

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: High Tech Life
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 10:38:34 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     My usage of computers goes back a long way:

1968-1969  Unknown business computer with a 4K rotating drum memory,
           punched tape reader, and a pair of converted RTTY terminals.

1969-1973  IBM 360/370 with punched cards and 132-column impact printers.
           Used a WAT-IV compiler.

1977-1979  Same computer but with APL terminals

1979-1981  Xerox 560 with a WAT-V compiler

1981-1983  Univac 1100 that crippled Motorola GED

1983-1988  Atari 800/1020

1984-1990  Various IBM PCs

1991-1996  Compaq 8086 portable(s)

etcetera

     Long, sad story behind that Univac 1100.  Haven't seen anything quite as
bad until I tried using Linux.  I should have known better than to try it a
second time around.

Chris