Re: [OM] UPS delivers a dilemma

Subject: Re: [OM] UPS delivers a dilemma
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 00:14:50 -0600
It's hard to beat the first shot and the mud dauber! The lavender bloom cluster reminds me of the opening screen of Lightroom CC.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 3/5/2017 12:06 AM, Moose wrote:
I never thought I'd be one of "those guys". You know, the ones who, $ be damned, just order whatever they think they will like using, and either send it back or sell it off if it doesn't please.

I might admit to some past negative feelings about those guys. And now I appear to have become one - oh my! Oh well, I've heard it takes all kinds . . .

The Big Brown Truck delivered a package late yesterday afternoon. As I took the Oly 12-100/4 off the E-M5 II, and replaced it with the PLeica 12-60/2.8-4, something in me went OOooohhh! I like this physical package!

I'll likely do some test target comparisons, but lot about how I like a lens is how it handles and how the images look with ordinary subjects. The sun was fading fast, and some clouds coming in, so I quick like a bunny slipped out in the front and took some pics.

Can't fault the central sharpness or the bokeh of this first one. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden%20with%20Leica%2012-60&image=_B006180oofm.jpg>

Or what the center looks like at 100%. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden%20with%20Leica%2012-60&image=_B006180fp.jpg>

More of what was available, flowers and trees, here. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden%20with%20Leica%2012-60>

Nothing not to like in performance so far. Close-up work is easier/better than the Oly. 0.3x @ 60 mm is lots more useful than at 12 mm. It magnifies almost as much as the Macro Mode of the 12-50 - without the endlessly annoying mode switching.

More to try/test. I would be nice in a way if the Oly ends up the winner, as I can simply return the PLeica. But I sure prefer the physical package of the PL.

Horns of D. Moose