Re: [OM] IMGS: Pollution and Trains

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Pollution and Trains
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 10:39:49 -0500
Thanks, Moose.  Tom is not back to normal yet.   He is 6'4" and right now
weighs 158 pounds!!  I'm doing my best to fatten him up but his afib is
making him tired all of the time so he's not building up muscle mass like
he would be if we were going to the gym or working outside.  He's been
sitting inside working on income taxes only!  He goes back to the heart
doctor in May for a possible shock solution to the afib.  In the meantime,
I'm cooking lots of nutritious and delicious meals and gaining weight like
crazy!!

The extreme air pollution in Beijing and Ulaanbaatar exacerbated his
pneumonia and the doctor in Mongolia wanted to keep him in the hospital for
3 days but, after blood tests and x-rays, decided the best thing would be
to continue the trip and get out of the air pollution.  We had to wear
those masks all the time, even sleeping, or would end up with terrible
head-aches and a bad taste in our mouths.  Tom had an inhaler from the
doctor which helped some.  The desert in Mongolia was fine but the capital
city of Ulaanbaatar has 4 coal-fired power plants and you could not even
see across the road.  http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/165056599

I'm afraid we are going to end up with a mess like that in the USA if we do
away with all EPA regulations!  Then were will we go??!!

I appreciate your concern.

Tina

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 1:16 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 3/3/2017 1:54 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
>> PESO:
>>
>> After Tom's trip to the hospital,
>>

> Yowsa! I've been worried about Tom. He's looked a bit fragile, not up to
> before the illness at home. Then there was the mask he was wearing. Air
> pollution got him?
>
> I had a terrible problem in Mexico City many years ago. High, dry and
> highly polluted meant irritating particulates on my dry mucous membranes =
> terrible sinus headaches. Fortunately, my late wife's cousin was a big time
> ENT who gave me some drops that didn't show up in the US for years,
> explained what was going on and showed me how to control it. Saved our
> vacation.
>
> Still pulling for Tom to get all the way back up to snuff!
>
> Particulate Moose
>
> --
>
> --

Tina Manley