Re: [OM] sturdy light weight camera tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] sturdy light weight camera tripods
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 14:09:48 -0800
On 3/5/2017 11:06 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      It's a model 035.  Clamps that I have used in the past were only good for
mounting to flat objects, like chair backs, fence rails, car windows, etc.
This one, though, looks like it would also mount securely to things like tree
branches, pack frames, and other round objects.

      Plenty of them available on evilBay for less than $25, so it looks like
it would be worth trying.

Careful, not all the eBay listings include the stud. At a quick look, none of the cheapest ones do. This is a sort of do-everything tool, with mix and match parts. For your use, you want it with the 'standard', 1/4-20 stud. <https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/546356-REG/Manfrotto_035RL_035RL_Super_Clamp_with.html>

I've had one in my B&H wish list for ages. I suppose after I really need one,
I'll buy it. :-)

All Clamped Up Moose