Re: [OM] IMG: One-Man Roofing Crew

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: One-Man Roofing Crew
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 18:50:32 -0800
On 3/5/2017 6:25 AM, Rick Beckrich wrote:
Here's a clip from an Amazon user that matches my thoughts.

My favorite small carry knife is sort of the opposite.
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/160816149231?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT>

Contemporary tech stainless, scales that are neither slippery nor sticky, solid lock. Feels good, works well. I like no fuss, saving my fussing for camera gear. :-)

I don't like to carry a knife loose in my pocket, but clipped in the back
corner, so the Svord would be out, anyway.

My favorite larger carry knife is a Benchmade from 2000. <http://www.ebay.com/itm/Benchmade-835-07-00-Ascent-Knife-M2HS-Steel-July-Knife-of-the-Month-/152178831746> D2, non-stainless, high speed machine tool steel. With the coating, the only place that can rust is the sharpened edge, and sharpening takes care of that. Many Benchmades are ugly, to my taste, but his one is nice to look at and a joy to hold and use.

Lightly armed Moose