Re: [OM] IMG: Mug Shots

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Mug Shots
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 20:44:10 -0800
On 3/6/2017 1:25 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
The Cardinal male's color brightness is difficult for me to deal with,

Are you "underexposing" by 2/3 to 1 1/3 stop? In the process of balancing all sorts of factors, the exposure systems in our little gems will happily allow us to clip the red channel. On subjects like this, expose to retain red channel highlight detail/separation. Later, in post, you can raise the middle tones with Levels or other tools.

If you get that right, I think you will find the problem becomes eminently
manageable.

These two images do have blown red channels, but I can't tell from here how much may be original exposure and how much processing.

but I managed to grab a couple of images.

Profile:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170306-DSCF0669.JPG.html

Nice.

Full Face:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170306-DSCF0680.JPG.html

Missed focus a little, but still quite compelling.

Big Red Moose