[OM] On topic, well, could be ...

Subject: [OM] On topic, well, could be ...
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 19:16:40 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Philippe writes:
<<They would like to buy a long lens to match. A zoom should do.
<<I also suggested an extender in support.

With a Panny body the obvious easy choice is the Moose fave Panny/Leica 100-400
which at least has IS for the Panny body.
Rendering is quite good but perhaps not as nice as the Oly 300/4 +/- TC but
doesn't make as much sense.  I was able to snare a 100-400 with Greentoe for a
reasonably good price.
There is a recently updated  (?1/17) Lumix 100-300 f4-f5.6 which is perhaps 1/2
the price but have not read many comparisons.  The days of  generalized  TC's
seem to be over forever with all the aspheric
elements requiring matched optics.

Longer is better to avoid being Lion lunch, Mike