Re: [OM] sturdy light weight camera tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] sturdy light weight camera tripods
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 20:12:54 -0800
On 3/6/2017 3:46 AM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
Yeah, I've had mine since 1979 !  I've added a few new heads over the years
though only because they had nice features (in particular the 410 geared
head), never had any of the Manfrotto gear fail.

My 410 head was bought used, fairly heavily used. One of the drive gears was soon sort of gritty feeling. I was amazed how easy to order and inexpensive the replacement part was.

I was just using it recently, doing lens tests, and it's still a joy.

Gear Head Moose