Re: [OM] OT: No Win10

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: No Win10
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 14:22:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Thank you, that makes me feel much better.  I put the final nail into the
Linux coffin this morning.  I bought a full, original Win7 install package
after doing that (yes, with the key) and I'm now formatting two or three hard
drives.

     Very strange what has happened.  Late last week I could not log onto
Paypal, and fortunatly I noticed the dreaded banner at the top of the window
stating that Flash Player (FP) was outdated and blocked.  I allowed it, as
usual, and then I could log onto Paypal.  After that I updated FP.

     Shortly after that, all of evilBay went to a FP interface, and with no FP
on the Linux machine I had no access.  Trying to install FP on the Linux
machine was fruitless as there are four versions, the instructions are cryptic,
and the installation file cited in the instructions was not to be found.

     The Win7 package arrives next week.

>No need. The free upgrade offer ended last year, and Windows no longer
>upgrades to Win10 unless you either pay for it or do a little trick
>involving accessibility.
>
>On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>
>>      Some time ago we discussed the problem of Win7 being updated to Win10
>> against the user's wishes.  Someone here made mention of a piece of
>> software that prevented this from happening.  I know that I installed it on
>> my crashed Win7 HD, and I would like to find that piece of software again
>> for my upcoming task of creating a new Win7 HD or two.
>>
>>      Anyone remember that piece of software?

Chris Trask
N7ZWY / WDX3HLB
Senior Member IEEE