Re: [OM] On topic, well, could be ...

Subject: Re: [OM] On topic, well, could be ...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 22:35:50 -0800
Split subjects Moose writes:
. . .

<<<We aren't in unit focusing MF lens land any more, Dorothy.

I am stung and dismayed by your disparaging attitude towards Kansas.

Sorry, let me more accurately phrase it: "We aren't in unit focusing MF lens land any more, with µ4/3 native lenses, Dorothy."

And there are, of course, conventional helicoid focusing MF lenses for µ4/3
from others than Panny, Oly or Sigma.

As you knew or should have known, there is an obscure cluttered alley way off
the yellow brick road
that leads directly to my office.  There is indeed a small piece of Kansas in South
Hamilton.  Big Foot, his little brother ( Cosina Voigtländer 90mm f/3.5
APO-Lanthar) and Big Brother  (CV 180/4) reside there.
They are of relative recent design,  have a beautiful rendering, tack sharp, as
well as focus with a normal helicoid.  They function admirably with extension
and out-resolve any sensor I have or will have in the near future.

I'm not sure where my menagerie of alt, old and odd MF lenses reside. A little piece of OZ in my closet? (You should see the LensBaby Control Freak I just got cheap as a refurb. I'm not sure how actually useful it may turn out to be, but what a cool piece of odd engineering!)

Behind the Curtain Moose