Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!

Subject: Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 14:59:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Well, I did try a later version on WinXP a few years ago, and the result
was a transparent globe with just the political outlines.  Numerous people had
the same problem, and then we found the last version that was compatible with
WinXP and everyone was happy.

     I very much want to go between WinXP and Win7 seamlessly, so as long as
the earlier version of Google Earth works with both, I'm happy with that.  I
just need to be certain that the automatic updating is completely shut off so
that it won't be compromised.

>> ...and I'm not at all certain if they will run properly on Win7.
>Just upgraded to the newest version on this old hardware. Win7x64pro
>w/ current updates and never a hiccup. Adding too many overlays slows
>things down but that's all.
>
>Running an old version from XP days is just asking for problems IMHO.
>They do updates for a reason.

Chris Trask
N7ZWY / WDX3HLB
Senior Member IEEE