Re: [OM] ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Subject: Re: [OM] ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 21:37:22 -0700
On 3/12/2017 8:52 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
So I take the E-M5 out of the bag today for the first time since Feb 22nd to start on a long process of documenting a friend's substantial guitar collection.

And I noticed the damn eyecup, the deep-set one, is gone. That's the third damn eyecup I've lost because Olympus engineers obviously never tried using this thing in real life before they designed an eye cup that refuses to stay on.

So, now I have to buy yet ANOTHER replacement eyecup.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Sorry. Tired. Rant now over.

I'm sorry for your loss.

And at a loss myself, as I've never had an eyecup unintentionally come off an E-M5 I or II. I imagine mine to have seen more use than yours (?), and much more away from home, out in the woods, etc.

We need to get together, do some photography, especially taking cameras out and putting them away a lot, with a neutral observer to see what we do differently. :-)

I know others here have reported similar losses. What are you guys doing
wrong??? ;-)

I'm trying to think back, and I rather suspect that I may not ever have lost an eyecup, off any camera. I know I've picked up a couple from trails (but Canon), so I'm up in the count. :-D

Mystified Moose