Re: [OM] 600/6.5 on OMD [was: 300/5.3 Mirror Lens [was On topic, well, c

Subject: Re: [OM] 600/6.5 on OMD [was: 300/5.3 Mirror Lens [was On topic, well, could be ...]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:57:17 -0700
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>

Well, you got my interests up. I dug out my ancient Sigma-XQ mirror "Ultra
Telephoto" and stuck it on the E-1.

UG! Gives new meaning to narrow zone of focus;

(And proves once again that I can no longer see well enough to focus dim
lenses.) All images are OTC JPGs.
Well, SOMETHING was in focus!

Have you ever tried one of them “focus detect chip” adaptors?

They work just like a dumb-lens MFT (or FT) adaptor, except they supposedly detect when you
have “hit” focus, and flash a light in the viewfinder.

I used them on my Canons. Worked quite well. I had to program in the focal length and/or aperture for them to show up in the EXIF. They were dirt cheap, and a pain to program, so it was easier to buy one for each regularly used lens, and just leave it on.

The in-focus noise and indication in the VF was the same as when using an AF
lens.

I've not tried one with µ4/3 or A7.

Focal Moose