Re: [OM] OT: BE AFRAID!

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: BE AFRAID!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 13:24:52 -0700
On 3/14/2017 11:49 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      I went to the coffee shop this morning with just the new Win7 machine,
and shortly after I started it my usage came to a screaching halt.  The hard
drive was spinning wildly and the task manager showed that SYSTEM IDLE PROCESS
was increasing into the mid-90s and better.

      I quickly started a boot sector virus scan, and when it was done I did a
full spyware scan.  The problem persisted.

      Then I noticed something peculiar, and remembered that when I was
updating Firefox there was a little message about something called YANDEX.RU.

Where do you find this stuff? Or perhaps, how does it find you?

Look on the back of your shirt. Does it say "Malware Me!"

Did you download your Firefox install directly from Mozilla.org, then do updates through the program? I must have done about a gazillion FF updates, and nothing has ever gone wrong.

No YANDEX Moose