[OM] IMGs: Exciting New Widflower

Subject: [OM] IMGs: Exciting New Widflower
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 08:37:47 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Near the end of Monday's wildflower hike, I just happened to notice
something unusual nestled between two large rocks.  If not for the sharp
contrast between the two rocks and the plant I might not have noticed it:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/32642603173/in/dateposted-public/

     Looking closer, I realised that this was something entirely new, and I
carefully took a couple of closeups, this being the better of the two:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/32642603793/in/dateposted-public/

     I knew for certain that it was a euphorbia, closely related to Desert
Poinsettia, which is a small annual plant that can be found at lower altitudes,
usually in fairly large communities of an acre or more.  This was entirely
different, and I later found that this is Mexican Poinsettia (aka Beetle
Spurge, Euphorbia eriantha).

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson