Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 101, Issue 17

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 101, Issue 17
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 05:13:34 -0700
> From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> We've been diving headlong into using photovoltaics, batteries, and power
> inverters is a solution, but a much older form, more than a century old, is
> used widely in southeast Asia, the South Pacific, and elsewhere, known as
> "steam-jet refrigeration".  It has no moving parts except for a small fluid
> pump, and the only electric power needed is for that pump plus the usual
> circulation fan.  It is more reliable and far less expensive.

Interesting… got a link?

I’ve been interested in “Einstein refrigeration” for some time. (Any body
remember “The Mosquito Coast,” with Harrison Ford?)

The Einstein Cycle has NO MOVING parts, and requires only ammonia, water, and a
bit of H2, to run forever, with no moving parts!

I’ve got two of these refrigerators cluttering up the place that my spouse
would like to see removed. They nominally run on kerosene, but I keep thinking
I’m going to convert them to run on WOOD CHIPS, by gawd. Or build a solar
tracker that would run them directly, with no solar panels. (Yea, right.)