Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!

Subject: Re: [OM] Win7 Is Us!
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 05:47:01 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     This is a surprise:  The BSD shutdowns are being caused by ASWSP.SYS,
which is the self-protection routine for my Avast antivirus.  That explains why
it does not happen in SAFE MODE.

     That BSDViewer software pointed it out immediately, and doing an online
search showed that it is a common problem.

>>      I've had some time to examine this problem, and all I can say
>>for now is that it does NOT occur in SAFE MODE (SM).  In normal mode
>>it occurs every 12-20 minutes, even without launching any applications
>>other than those from the STARTUP queue.
>
>Yup. My money is on sound card driver.

Chris Trask
N7ZWY / WDX3HLB
Senior Member IEEE