Re: [OM] OT healthcare woes in the US

Subject: Re: [OM] OT healthcare woes in the US
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 16:59:50 -0400
Health insurance is an abomination. (My new favorite word.) As Joan, a now
retired RN says, healthcare should not be a profit-centered concern.
Single-payer, everyone covered, no exceptions.

We can and should afford it. All we have to do is decide it's worth it. And
stop being the world's leading death merchant. We've killed far too many brown
people for no good reason. And we've piped far too much money into the coffers
of the wealthy on the assumption, or should I say promise, that it will trickle
back down to everyone.

It hasn't. It's in massive cash stockpiles. As far as I'm concerned it's time
to pick up the pitchforks and play fetch the money.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal