Re: [OM] OT - Hacking Microwaves

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Hacking Microwaves
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 22:43:23 -0500
Yes, I'm not too sure about my Lexus, and miss my totally unconnected TR6.

-----Original Message----- From: Ken Norton
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:03 PM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion

Do I really need an internet connected toilet? no. Do I really want one? No. Microwave? Nope. Fridge? Nope. TV? Well, that's a problem, but II 'm not too
sure I trust Netflix. And I'm damn sick and tired of my computer and phone
being examined by Google so they can flood me with ads.

I was actually kinda intrigued by the Internet connected toilet, but
the hacking demonstration has me now totally plugged up.

So, I'm assuming that you'll eventually buy a newer vehicle sooner or
later? How about those Jeep Grand Cherokees? So Chrysler sent out
software upgrades on USB memory sticks through the USPS. Yup, you
guessed it. They got into the hands of hackers. At this point, I don't
think I'll ever buy a used Jeep Grand Cherokee of this generation. You
have no idea which ones have been hacked and which ones haven't. Are
you REALLY sure that there isn't a "Zero Day" that has been installed
on it that will cause the brakes to fail and the accelerator to go
full throttle AND the air bags to not deploy and the seatbelt
tensioner to loosen? Oh, and the power steering assist to go berzerk
and start steering you towards oncoming traffic at the same time?

This ISN'T science fiction. Every bit of this has been demonstrated.

AG Schnozz