Re: [OM] OT: Speaking of Nostalgia...

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Speaking of Nostalgia...
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 08:06:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
<<SNIP>>

>In a way, this is what Olympus did. They killed grampa (OM System).
>The young tikes took over (Four-Thirds), but failed. They learned a
>few lessons and realized that grampa actually was right about a thing
>or two, and Micro Four-Thirds was the result.

<<SNIP>>

     At this point I recall how Pentax made prudent decisions in their product
development.  They incorporated AF lenses into their cameras without changing
the mounting flange, instead they buried the AF electrical contacts into the
existing flange.  When digital came around they simply made a digital body that
mated to their earlier film AF lenses.  I don't know if there was any foresight
involved, but it did make the transition seamless.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson