Re: [OM] OT: Speaking of Nostalgia...

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Speaking of Nostalgia...
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 10:12:28 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I don't know how it will play out, but with the E-M1 II, they've taken
> another big step forward, bringing overall speed
> and AF into full competitiveness with all but the monster pro DSLRs.

From what I’ve read, they pretty much bested the FF cameras in those two areas.
Not to mention what appears to be best-of-universe IS.

It’s a lot easier to shake 1/2 the sensor mass, and you can clock the data out
twice as fast. The m4/3rds crowd should be shouting this until the pro sports
shooters and birders all say, “Why the heck am I hauling around all this
weight, when the smaller sensors are ‘good enough,’ and the things I care about
(speed, AF, IS) are all better?"

:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::