Re: [OM] OT: Speaking of Nostalgia...

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Speaking of Nostalgia...
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 20:14:47 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Sizeable Moose writes:

<<I don't get the Fuji thing. When folks were posting all over the place about
the superiority of the Fujis with 16 MP sensors, I looked closely, and I
couldn't find it. Compared to the 16 MP µ4/3 sensors at the time, there didn't
seem to my, possibly inferior, eye, any superior non-<<measurable rendering
superiority. No DR or noise advantage.

I agree totally  and the optimal  Xtrans work flow balls up my usual
procedures.  The demosaicing, software is much less developed  and I don't like
the larger required chroma smoothing radius.  Be that as it may I did love
picking up the cams and using many of them in the stores.  The controls were
better   arranged  than most  ( i.e. retro) and the menus were scrutable.  The
lenses overall are exceptionally nice as well.  We are awash in good choices
these days.

 I like the size choices of MFT, superb IBIS and the modest sized very long
lenses.  If it is OK to carry larger may as well go FF and get the full DR  and
other advantages, but I do understand the Fuji choice.  Moose seems to me less
sensitive to ergonomics, I think, and is able to go with the flow to  adjust
and  maximize the advantages of a system.

Mike