Re: [OM] computer to television via HDMI cable

Subject: Re: [OM] computer to television via HDMI cable
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 22:53:39 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<As long as I can use my X-T1 and X Pro 1 to generate properly exposed
images, can use PS CS5 to achieve minimal image improvements and can then
upload them to SmugMug for viewing I am a happy camper :-)

If you have Roku or amazon fire TV be aware there are smugmug apps.  You could
access your galleries directly and not need to connect your PC, unless you
wanted to show images not in smugmug obviously.

The Roku app is imperfect and is by a 3rd party and no longer supported, but is
adequate. I have used it.  I know little about the amazon fire TV one though it
was developed and is supported by smugmug.

I do need to  separately calibrate my Bravia display for  images like this but
still battling HDMI handshake issues.  I may need to send my Oppo signal direct
to the Sony Bravia and HDMI2 output to the AVR for audio only. Curiously the
order of powering up the gear can matter.  I can get everything to work again
as is but it can take a dozen tries.
I remember a day not that long ago when at least audio/visual gear just worked
when connected.

BTW did not really notice any adverse Moose attitude, just  the terse Moose
style answering questions point by point.

Mike