Re: [OM] OT: Hosts File

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hosts File
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 12:09:19 -0700
On 4/5/2017 10:50 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
. . .  I suppose they did this to render all earlier hosts files as being
ineffective.  Nice.

      So I edited the one line to replace the two spaces with a right tab, and
it immediately blocked that site.  Now what am I supposed to do with the untold
thousands of other entries?

a. Do what everyone else does, ignore it, allow the MS anti-malware and firewall to do their job and live in a world where various non-dangerous sites load stuff onto your machine - like the rest of us. This will free up amazing amounts of time for more productive uses, including doing nothing part of the time.

b. Use global search and replace in a decent editor.

Suggestive Moose