[OM] WARNING: Re: amazing article

Subject: [OM] WARNING: Re: amazing article
From: David Thatcher <plusphoto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 12:07:23 +0930
This email looks highly suspect, note that the message has a very
generic salutation, and closing. I strongly suggest you follow sensible
practices and *do not* open the link.

The e-mail was sourced from Viet Nam, with a Russian yandex hostname in
the HELO.

The link returns a script that contains redirects to a known source of
nasties.

At best this will be spam, but more likely it is some sort of malware (I
fetched the script for a look, but I didn't follow the links any
deeper, as it was heading into bad news territory :) )

Unfortunate that this made it through to the list, but they have used a
source address that is whitelisted at the list mail server. Given that
both the source address and destination address are 'known here' means
that it's possible they were harvested from a listees machine, probably
by a malware infection.

Be safe, keep your AV up to date, and do a full system scan regularly,
people!  :)

davidt