Re: [OM] OT Chili Dogs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Chili Dogs
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 11:01:33 -0500
>      Nothing unusual about the cocoa.  It's a fundamental ingredient in
> Cincinnati Chili.

My chili is actually relatively similar to Cincinnati style chili,
which is also a Greek style chili. The cloves and cocoa are certainly
commonalities, as well as so much else. But yet, different. For one
thing, Cincinnati style chili usually has a tomato base to it, which
mine does not. Granted, I have added a little catsup to mine, but that
is more of a balancing item than anything else. For example, instead
of adding vinegar, I use lemon juice. The splash of vinegar is,
instead, made present through the catsup.  Allspice and nutmeg are
also common items in Greek style chili, but I went the cinnamon and
honey route instead.

My latest recipe did not include Worcestershire Sauce, but I've used
it in previous versions and ALMOST included it this time, but didn't
because of three other ingredients added which defeated the purpose.
My next tweak might see a splash of it back in. The problem with
Worcestershire Sauce is finding that perfect amount where it enhances
the flavors, but doesn't dominate the flavors. Most people like what
it does to the flavor, but most people don't like the flavor. If that
makes any kind of sense.

AG Schnozz