Re: [OM] IMG: Good Friday in Alicante

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Good Friday in Alicante
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 21:04:29 -0300
We had a few days in Cadiz a couple of weeks ago. I am still trying to reconcile the fact that the city just closed down from 1pm to 5pm ....offices, gas stations, big and small retail, services, hotels' front offices, ice cream parlors, restaurants, tourist offices, supermercados, wine shops, tourist destinations, you name it they just closed down, even street vendors selling leather bags and trinkets. By 5pm the restaurants and eateries were coming to life but the other establishments had done for the day. Where I live these places would have all been touting for business up to 6pm without having been closed down for half of the the normal business day. It's a different pace of life, and a way slower pace of life, on the Iberian peninsula :-)