Re: [OM] OT: The Future of Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: The Future of Computers
From: "CyberSimian" <OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:47:09 +0100
"Moose" wrote:
The interpreter I really liked, and used a lot, was REXX, originally for IBM mainframe, where it was truly invaluable, later for PCs, and still available for Windoze as part of my favorite programming editor, KEDIT.

IBM donated the source for REXX to the open-source community some years ago, and it is available as "Open Object REXX" from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/oorexx/

Don't be put off by the "object" part of the name. The interpreter is essentially Classic REXX with object-oriented extensions. I use only the classic part. It is my batch scripting language of choice (on WinXP, Vista, Win7, Win10).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK