Re: [OM] Flying high

Subject: Re: [OM] Flying high
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 06:13:14 +0100
I don’t suppose that the law was passed for the airline’s “comfort”, Bill, but
it’s the law of the sea and of the air that the captain of the vessel retain
complete command.

For my part, whatever the legal rights or wrongs, it was ludicrous that United
Airlines allowed everyone on the flight before deciding that 4 crew had to be
accommodated, then to go to the lengths of asking security to take over.  The
airline’s management deserve every bit of bad publicity that resulted: whether
or not they were in the right, going to the point of manhandling a passenger
sitting peacefully in his seat meant that the local management had failed
dismally.

It strikes me that United Airlines was very close to the point that the
monetary offer to passengers to give up seats was equal to the fares that the 4
crew would have had to pay to get to their destination.

Chris