[OM] Nathan's PAD 21/4/2017: morning walk in Copenhagen

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/4/2017: morning walk in Copenhagen
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 08:04:31 +0200
Yesterday was the 16th anniversary of my mother’s death, and as usual, I am in
Copenhagen for  a few days at this time. My sister also has come from Poland,
so that we could visit our mother’s grave together yesterday, fulfilling a
promise made to each other 16 years ago. But it is not all about gloom and
remembrance. I am also spending time with friends and enjoying this great city.
So yesterday morning I went for a long walk in Langeline, the park which houses
the Little Mermaid, and adjacent 19th military installations known as
Kastellet; those fortifications were never used in war, and today they form
part of a great green oasis close to the centre of Copenhagen. Four images from
my walk.

A morning commute that is guaranteed to give a good start to the day:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-dTtjxfT/A

Fortification turned into jogging trail:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-C9HVJv6/A

Next to Kastellet is Churchill Park, a place where Denmark honours its fallen
during World War II and expresses its gratitude to the country and the leader
that liberated us in 1945. This is a memorial to Danish soldiers killed during
the war, both in Denmark and in Allied service:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-wcsBLpP/A

And here is a quiet corner of Churchill Park, with a buste of the great man,
erected in 1955 for the 10th anniversary of Denmark’s liberation:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-7dNrTsw/A

Much more to come.

Cheers,
Nathan