[OM] Zone-10 site status and update

Subject: [OM] Zone-10 site status and update
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2017 13:47:45 -0500
Just to give everybody a bit of notice.

I will be shutting down the old Mambo version of the zone-10 website
this upcoming week. All of the old articles will get dumped as a
result. This is NOT the gallery site, but the old black and orange
site. Mambo is no longer updated and the system is not safe from
exploits.

All the the Gary Reese Lens Tests have already been migrated over to
the new site. I will republish the Olympus E-system reviews onto the
new site as I can, as those are evergreen articles. There are a few
other evergreens to get migrated too, but it's time to shut the old
one down.

The site was originally built in 2007, and has gotten many millions of
views. All good things must eventually come to an end and the original
site is no longer able to be updated and is no longer tracked or
referenced by search engines as it is a static format site and isn't
"responsive" to various viewing devices.

I've left it up and online well past its "use by date" and figure that
11 years of that software platform is enough. Considering the exploits
that can be used against that site, it's really time to do the right
thing and kill it.

But zone-10 and the zone-10 gallery are not going away. However, I
will be tightening the screws on both.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx