Re: [OM] MFT kit conundrum--?PL 8-18

Subject: Re: [OM] MFT kit conundrum--?PL 8-18
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 23:36:16 -0500
Nobody knows ANYTHING about this lens, it was just announced about a week ago. I can tell you I WANT IT, but I'm not sure I will ever get the $$. I have the Panasonic 7-14, and have no complaints. I have read that some have problems with flare with Oly bodies under certain conditions, but I haven't seen it. So, I'm just playing it safe and using it with my GX7 till I can do some testing.

Regarding the focal lengths, I will say this: I learned, some would say t he hard way, with my film OM's. I got both the 21/2 and the 18, and I discovered the 18 to be almost useless outdoors, but absolutely essential for interiors. There's no doubt that the 7-14 is a decent lens [Thom Hogan recommends it] and there should be lots of big rebates coming. Oh, and it's lots smaller than the new one. And if it's lack of filter threads are a problem, remember it can be done but it's neither cheap nor easy. And polarizers, fuhgeddaboutem.

-----Original Message----- From: Mike Gordon via olympus